Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oh Dear God....I am MELTING!

Do you want to know what it is like living in S. Korea? It's like living 2 doors down from the SUN! Imagine yourself in a sauna room with your clothes on, lots and lots of pollution and a putrid dead cat thrown in for good measure....WELCOME to my world!
I have had the worst headache ever for the last 4 days. God did not build me for hot climates; I'm a snow angel. Heat literally makes me very ill.. So here we are.
Now that I got that gripe out of my system I will share something much more pleasant.

It's called EVERLAND and it's kinda like Korea's version of Disney Land. It's about a 40 minute drive from where we live. We bought season's passes so that we can go anytime we want. They have roller coasters, a safari, a zoo, a giant movie theatre and lot's of other stuff that we will share over time.
Today I'd like to share our favorite part.....the animals! You can get really close to the animals at this zoo. I especially love the monkey's and the birds. The birds are just out in the open. You can reach out and touch them if you aren't afraid of their beaks. Here is a few pics in no particular order:







Click on picture to read the sign....seriously you can't make this stuff up!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

In conditions like that, I'd be melting too! I don't deal well with heat either. I've been able to tolerate Alabama because of the air conditioning!

Marilee Rockley said...

So sorry that I don't have any suggestions for staying cool (do you have air conditioner? Fans?) but I am so glad you found Everland! That's great that it is nearby and that you were able to get season tickets. Just keep having fun and don't "sweat" the small stuff (pun intended) (ok, I know I'm not clever!) Anyway, these animal pics are great!

Unknown said...

I hope the heat relinqishes it's torment, soon so that you can find relief. The animal pics look like fun. I'm glad you two are enjoying the fun things about Korea. Wow, I would never know these things without your blog. The people I have met from Korea usually don't share about their homeland with me, they share about who they are, but not about Korea, specifically, I'm always so curious about other lands...thanks for letting me live vicariously through your blog! LOL!