Friday, July 4, 2008

Yuppers and Nopers: Part 1 and Happy 4th America!

Since this will be a recurring blog topic we've decided to entitle it "Yuppers and Nopers"...a game borrowed from Sherry's Great Gran. Yuppers = Good. Nopers = Bad.

Being 16 hours ahead of our people in the Pacific Time zone; We just finished watching the fireworks display put on by Osan AFB. It was a fantastic show and we watched from our own home.

We had plans to drive to the Southern tip of Korea for the weekend until our car broke down. So instead we are staying home and working on the car...... Isn't that so awesome??
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Definite YUPPER!
This is what I call "Corny Puddins". They are little piping hot pastry treats with a yummy custard filling inside. You get these in Guemjong which is the subway transfer from Osan to Seoul. It's about the only thing worth riding the subway for.
Photobucket
YUPPER!
These are like sweet and sour gummy candies....but WAAAAY tastier than anything I've eaten in this category in the USA. They remind me of a lovely and similar candy that I used to eat in New Zealand.
Photobucket
Hmmmmm....NOPER? no.....Nupper!
This is an instant green tea mix. Like instant coffee...but green and looks and tastes like Barley Green. Not the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth.....
Photobucket
Ho ho! Double YUPPER!
Popsicles to cool you down on these sweltering days! Yes...I eat about 4 per day!
Photobucket
Yupper!
These are kinda like starbursts but chewier. I think starbursts are better but these will do.

We have lot's more coming up soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could make a career with that, you know, the food critic thing. I think you are handling it all very well, all the changes, all the different things, unrecognizable foods, etc....LOL! Hope you both had a very happy 4th despite your car breaking down. Hope it gets fixed soon and isn't too expensive. I can hope, can't I?

The Hussy Housewife said...

I love the new post series....keep it coming.